Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scared at Churched

Well I have been trying out new churches and it has been interesting to say the least. Sunday I revisited a church that on my first visit I really liked, however this Sunday I went in and the Pastor scared the mess out of me. He was speaking on Faith which was cool I feel as though with the different things I have gone through in my life that my faith is way bigger than a mustard seed and its not something I feel that I struggle with. However he started saying how we should be stocking up food and saying every dollar we can get our hands on. The mark of the beast would come and we would have to be prepared and he created this urgency that I felt like when I left church there was no hope, that I needed to go to Wal-Mart and purchase a bike because there would be no gas and I would have no money and then that I should head to SAMS and buy all the Ramen Noodles and canned food I could get my hands on. NOW I know that times are bad things are being shifted but that message gave me NO FAITH AT ALL. I left with this huge knot in my stomach and had to personally call a few people I consider my spiritual leaders. So I am baffled on how he spoke on faith and left me faithless. Last time I checked my GOD was my foundation and my strength and has ALWAYS ALWAYS supplied my needs. I have been without a job since September honestly had only $300 saved when I quit and have not been late not one time on a bill, never missed a meal and all of my basic needs for survival have been met above and beyond what I could ask for. Now that I am done with that.... Well I come in Sunday and my brother rented a movie called The Postman for those who have not seen it, it is with Kevin Costner(sp) and takes place in the year 2013 the entire movie is based on people survivng the plagues and trying to rebuild America (truly it was a decent movie) I was like Lord Jesus what are you trying to tell me. I am telling you it was bizzare. So I called a couple of people who I consider my spiritual leaders now they are in there 60's and I feel that they are wise and have always broken down things where I can understand it as I can be completely ditzy at times anyways he said Ashley if I thought that the plagues were here and that the Mark of the beast was coming tomorrow or next week I would max out every credit card and by all the food money can buy. He said he felt that the speaker just wanted to potray that things are bad and we need to be informed and wise about what we do as nothing in this world is certain. Anyways it took the knot out of my stomach and I just prayed and continue to pray and believe that God will have his way in all this but Sunday was a pretty crazy day in Ashley world. I am being wise, staying informed and keeping the faith.

Other updates- I have been introduced to this amazing game called Geo Caching and am a bit upset that I am just finding out about it. It has been around since 2000 and I just heard about it last week...are you kidding me? What it is , is a scavenger hunt. I have some friends down here that play it and have now gone with them 4 times and it gets more addicting every time. So you go and find out where the Cache is, a cache can be micro or traditional. In a tradtional cache you sign the log and you take something(usually they are little toys or gadgets) and replace it with something. In a micro cache you just sign the log. Anyways so you plugg in like 10 coordinates to your PORTABLE GPS and start looking for them. It takes you to exactly where they are. It is so much fun, we did 5 the other day and blew a couple of hours. It was a BLAST.
Oh yeah so my family reunion is coming up on the 25th and I am way pumped up about it, I am organizing a bake off with my cousins. We are seeing who makes the best 8 layer cakes and since I just made mini 8 layer cakes I will be doing that so that each judge gets to have a mini cake instead of just a slice. LOL Probably not something I should be pumped about but I am easily amused.
I am going to DisneyWorld this weekend without spending a penny ( GOD IS GOOD). I have planned and made reservations and gotten things in order so I am being blessed with a free weekend. My hopefully soon to be manager , her daughter, is turning 15 and wants to go to Disney and City Walk for the weekend. So basicallly I am going I feel as a chaprone(SP) but who cares it Disney World, a free amazing hotel with a Volcano Slide Pool, I will post pictures I PROMISE and should be a ton of fun.
American Idol- So I love this show and earlier this season it was Awful I was going to sleep in some of them truly it was bad. But I survived and am loving it. I kinda think the Judge Save is cool that they just introduced. My favorites are of course Danny Cokey- Adam Lambert- and I like the Tatoo girl as well Meghan and the other little chick who I can not remember her name but she has blond and pink hair and sang dirty diana. I like her as well. So now I am excited about the season I thought the Ford commercial was pretty cool. However to me it is still a show you must record because the commercials are way to long.
Well that is all for now. Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment