Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What is it with Sundays?

So I will admit I have been spoiled recently by not having to watch money so closely. Now I do budget and stick to it but its been nice to just kinda do what I want when I want. However its funny how God works bc I have enjoyed buying nice things for me as well as others. On Sunday we gave our youth pastors wife a baby shower so I was at the church from 8:25 for regular duties until about 6:45 so needless to say my feet were hurting. As I sat down on the couch Joanna turns to Todd and says Ashley will go with you. I said go where? I am tired. I was out late Saturday night with a very handsome fella and then forgot about time change...which I have never done before. Anyways he said he needed me to go with him to a single moms house and since he is a dude he needs someone to go with him. So I went and that's when GOD started dealing with me. This lady is incredibly smart and has made a nice living for herself and her family however a few months ago something tragic happened and changed their lives forever so she is now single with 6 children to raise. I had heard her story before and thought the situation was sad but when I was standing in her house and putting groceries away and helping Todd check on the heat it all kind of hit home with me. I have the luxury of running into Kroger and grabbing something and then going to a drive thru and ordering whatever and not really thinking about it. But to this lady running in to spend 5 bucks could mean milk in the fridge or trimmings for a meal. Then I decided that the situation really just ticks me off. SO many churches will be helping the homeless this season by getting food, clothing, blankets, etc. but what about the people in your own church. So many people may show up every Sunday with a smile on their face but they could be just 5 dollars short of being homeless. We need to help those who are a part of our church family first! People are good at hiding benevolence this lady to look at you would never know. See she is use to the "high life" so she has nice things but bc of this tragedy she at times struggles to eat and feed her family. I hope this season I remember to continue to help others and remember the true meaning. Thank you God for opening my eyes to those around me who I see every week help me to be a blessing to them and to know that you are always in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment